If there is one single problem with chocolate cookies it is that you can never get enough of them and any lingering thoughts of your diet are quickly replaced by “where’s the next cookie?”Chocolate cookie recipes are not difficult to follow to produce your very own superb cookies but deciding on the ingredients can be tricky as there are so many options and alternatives available. It ultimately comes down to a personal choice and preference but the most popular type of cookie contains chocolate.Below is one suggestion and believe may provide some of the best chocolate cookies you have experienced
Chocolate cookie recipe ingredients
125g of dark chocolate – ideally using solid cocoa containing at least 70% cocoa.
150g of plain flour
30g of sieved cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
75g of light brown sugar
125g of soft butter
50g of white sugar
½ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 medium sized egg – cold, straight out of the fridge
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of 170°C (gas mark three).
- While the over is heating up, melt all of the dark chocolate (125g) in a dish that is heat proof over the top of a pan of water that is simmering. You can melt the chocolate in a microwave if preferred.
- Put the salt, flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa in to a suitable sized bowl for mixing.
- Put the sugars and butter in to another bowl and create a cream from them, you may find this easier with an electric mixer.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add it to the creamy mixture you have just made.
- To the same mixture, add the cold egg and vanilla extract followed by the remaining dry ingredients (the ingredients mixed in the first bowl) and to round it off, add the chocolate chips or morsels and stir them in.
- Once thoroughly mixed you can scoop out 12 equal measures on to a baking sheet leaving about 5-6cm between each. Just leave them as a “blob” and do not make them flat. Ice cream scoops are ideal for this job; alternatively a palette knife is just as good.
- Place them in to the pre-heated oven and cook for about 18 minutes. Test the cookies by using a cake tester and make sure when pulled out the tester is not wet with cake mixture but is semi-clean. If by chance you pierce the testing through a chocolate chip, have another go and hope to avoid one the next time.
- Once you have a semi-clean tester you can remove the cookies from the oven and leave them to cool a little for about 4-5 minutes.
- Once cooled off a little you can transfer the cookies on to a cooling rack and let them harden.
The above chocolate cookie recipe should be sufficient to produce 12 cookies, of course if you want to make large cookies you can but the number will be substantially reduced.